Nerf Stampede ECS blasters are sturdy and reliable. The mechanism is pretty simple and the build quality is top-notch. So these blasters generally last long without any problem. But the catch is ‘generally’. Sometimes these blasters do have problems.
But what could you do to solve the Nerf Stampede ECS problems?
You should, at first, check if all the joints are well screwed or not. Replacing the battery may help. Sometimes, bad lubes can cause problems. If nothing works, you may have to recalibrate or reprogram the blaster.
But the problem is how. Well, in this article we have described 5 problems and their solutions. So, keep reading to find out.
So, what can you do when your Nerf Stampede ECS keeps jamming?
There are some quick and easy fixes. Here are they:
- If your stampede is a stock unit, the first thing you can do is to make sure you assemble it well.
- If your stampede is second-hand, check the blaster if it is well screwed.
- Make sure you have shut the jam-clearing door properly. The blaster won’t work if you do not do so.
- Do not mix different types of batteries. Mixing old batteries and new batteries or standards with alkaline can cause an electric meltdown.
- Make sure you have connected the batteries properly. Just like you did in the nerf ultra one troubleshooting
5 Reasons for Nerf Stampede ECS Not Working & Its Fix
Suppose you have followed the previous steps properly. But still, you find yourself in the predicament of your Nerf Stampede ECS not working.
So, why is your Nerf Stampede ECS not firing?
There could be multiple reasons for that. Here are the 7 reasons and their possible solutions:
Reason 1: Bad Battery
A bad battery is the main culprit behind the mishap. Whenever you find your Nerf Stampede ECS not working, always check the batteries first. Now, your batteries may end up dead due to overheating or expiring. Whatever the case is, it may end up harming your ECS.
Fix: Replace The Batteries
Well, when you have faulty or expired batteries, you will need to replace the batteries. It requires six “D” batteries to operate a Nerf Stampede ECS.
Now, what are good Nerf Stampede ECS batteries?
We advise you to use 1.5-volt LR20D alkaline batteries. You can use Energizer MAX D Batteries. They are very efficient.
So, now what are the steps for Nerf Stampede ECS battery replacement?
The steps are:
- Loosen the screws with a screwdriver first.
- Then bring out the Nerf Stampede Battery tray.
- Here, you have to replace the batteries. Make sure the positive and negative marks match.
- Next insert the battery tray and you are good to go.
Reason 2: Faulty Springs
Your nerf stampede may not work for faulty springs. With heavy use, springs can wear out. Furthermore, the springs can get dislocated.
It’s a pretty common problem in modified stampedes. But it’s not unheard of in-stock units.
Fix: Replace The Spring
We, when you have faulty springs, will have to replace the spring. How can you do that? Here is how:
- Firstly, unscrew the blaster body.
- Next, remove the buttstock cap.
- Now, you have to remove some internal parts. Remember that you will have to arrange them again. So, try to remember where all of the parts were. You can take pictures of the parts, it can help.
- Once the blaster is open, take out the cylinder and unscrew it.
- Now remove the spring and replace it with a new one. You can go for the stock spring, 6kg load Spring, 9kg load Spring, and 13kg load Spring.
- Next, return all the parts to their correct positions.
- Lastly, screw the main body of the blaster.
Reason-3: Lack Of Lube Or Bad Lube
You already know that lubes and grease allow any machine to run smoothly. The same goes for Nerf Stampedes. Without proper lubrication, the internal gears of the blaster will not run properly without lubrication.
Fix: Use Better Lube
You can try using proper lubes if your blaster is not working. It works on other toy guns as well. For example, people use lubes in CO2 cartridges in CO2 airguns.
Silicone and lithium grease are both water-resistant. They also have excellent longevity. Furthermore, they are safe with the ABS to nerf blasters they are made of.
Reason-4: Burned Motor
Motor’s built-in nerf blasters are pretty good and reliable. But, faulty wiring or batteries can burn them down.
Fix: Replace the motor
When the motor stops working, you must replace it. Nerf Stampede ECS requires a 300-series motor. The stock one is a 360. The motor of a Nerf Stampede ECS is in the gearbox.
Well, but how? We advise you to follow the next steps:
- So, open the blaster body first.
- Then open the gearbox cover.
- After that, take the motor out and replace it. You can replace the old motor with MabuchweMotor RS-550. Make sure the connection is right though. And at last.
- Reverse the process!
Reason-5: Faulty Gearbox
This problem is not very common in nerf stampedes. If none of the aforementioned fixes works, you should look at your gearbox.
There can be two kinds of problems here. The gearbox can get jammed. Or worse, the entire gearbox can get obsolete.
Fix- 1: Clean The Gearbox
If the gearbox gets jammed, you have to clean the gearbox.
And here are the steps to do so:
- Firstly, unscrew the blaster body.
- Now, you have to remove some internal parts. Again, we suggest you take pictures of the parts.
- Remove the gearbox cover.
- You will find the motor and a case. The gear is inside the case.
- Take that out and open it.
- Next, you have to clean it. Use small and soft brushes. You can use Simply Stylin’ Light Silk Spray here. Clean it gently. We suggest you wear gloves like HANDLANDY Chemical Resistant Gloves.
- Lastly, do the steps, but in reverse.
Fix The Gearbox
If the gearbox is broken or does not work at all, go through this process. The process is pretty similar to the previous process. Now let’s take a look at the details:
- Firstly, remove the gearbox case. Follow the same steps suggested in the previous fix. Don’t forget to take a picture of the internal parts before you dismantle them.
- Once you have the case open, remove the faulty gearbox.
- Replace the gears. You can use WORKER Upgraded Gear. Remember to connect them properly though.
- Now, reverse the process.
Can I use silicone spray lube in nerf stampedes?
Silicone spray is a very dilute version of silicone grease. Also, it evaporates in a couple of weeks/months when exposed. It makes this spray great for light-duty uses. On the other hand, this thinness makes it impossible for long-term use.
Is the Nerf Stampede ECS automatic?
Yes, it is. The Nerf Stampede ECS is fully automatic. You will be surprised to know its legacy. It is the first-ever fully automated Nerf clip system blaster.
Well, that is it! We hope this article has helped you know the solutions to Nerf Stampede ECS problems.
And one last thing, never leave batteries in your Nerf Stampede ECS. It can save you a lot of trouble.
And it will be great to get some words of encouragement from you. So, do not forget to comment your thoughts here.